Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Garden Art Statue ~ Special build for my Cousin!

One of my most favorite builds so far!











Made this statue for my cousin Laura!  She loves the color Orange.  One day out on a junking trip I found this vase in a resale shop that was closing.  I did not know at the time that I would be using it for her, but knew that this vase was the bomb & I wanted to have it!  I had discussed with Laura a couple of times this year about what I wanted to do for her &  we even picked pieces out for the project.  I just never really got the "sha~bang" feeling when I started her build!  One day while in the shop and working on some other projects I pulled the yellow vase out.  I looked at it for a few days and that's when it hit me...BAM!  Laura's build was started.  I found the plates I wanted to use and the middle section I wanted to use!  That's when it hit me that I had a blue glass apple!  Laura is a retired school teacher, this apple was perfect for the top ... "sha~bang" there is blue on the vase!  Love it when a build comes together!  



At it's new home!


No comments:

Post a Comment